February 26th, 2022
My return to editing at MSP has come to an end. Between my day job and the kids I wasn’t able to carve out enough time to fulfill their minimum requirements, so we decided to end things. This is a note to myself to I can remember other reasons I shouldn’t think about working for them again.
- They have very strict time tracking, which I don’t like.
- When I first quit MSP it was in part because of their at-will employment. This has not changed.
- They are a very American company, which does not pair well with raising kids in a European environment. There would be eternal holiday clashes.
- They only have US bank holidays, no other paid vacation, in contrast to Europe’s standard 25+ days per year.
- They pay much less than what I can make elsewhere doing software engineering in large organizations.